The Christmas Church.
The Christmas Church is the crowning point of the church-building of "Golden Age" in Arzamas.
For the first time it was mentioned in 1655. In 1834 Arzamas merchant A.M. Zayashnikov ordered a design of the new church building to the renowned architect K.A. Ton.
The Christmas Church, built with the elements of the Gothic style, is crowned with 5 cupolas, covered with the extraordinary alloy of metals ("white iron") and crosses, gilded through the flames. The sumptuous iconostasis was made by Arzamas carvers.